QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 30+ workshops facilitated in the UK, France, Germany, Vietnam
- 3-day in-house company Facilitation course at EDF Group (2004)
- 2-day certifying Facilitation training at the circular economy agency Wiithaa to facilitate workshops on the circular economy (2015)
- 2 day Mediation course (European Institute of Mediation, 2014)
- In 2015-16 I facilitated circular economy workshops in English and French at L’Oréal HQ, Bouygues Construction (Senior Management team), Orange, the London circular economy fair ‘Resource’ at Excel.
- In 2017-18 I have done further such workshops in Paris, Berlin and Hamburg, at KLU university, the UN Global Compact annual members’ event and for the Baltic Eco Design event organised by the IDZ (International Design Centre in Berlin) and Impact Hub.
- I have been a judge for the Debating Matters debating competition for sixth formers in major schools across Berlin in 2017 and 2018, taking place at the BiTS school.
- I interviewed a German writer on stage at the Llangwm Literary festival (UK) in 2016 on her novel about the GDR régime and its Olympic athletes, with the interview filmed and later broadcast on local TV.
Translation & Editorial Consulting
- 1 year in-house translator at Octo Finances, Paris, producing morning ‘Creditorials’ on the bond markets for investors across Europe (2015)
- Ad hoc translations & editorial projects for various clients, focusing on Business, HR, CSR, Green issues, Arts
- Editorial work. Recent assignments have included: covering a 1-day annual Total top management strategy seminar, taking notes and transcribing key moments, covering a Leroy Merlin (French DIY firm) strategic thinking panel session
- Writing a Whitepaper for Bureau Veritas, editing and translating part of a book on the Luxury sector by a French consultant, transcribing and editing interviews with the founders of the Burning Man festival.
- In 2017 I copyedited a book in English on customer experience, in the field of Marketing, for Dutch marketing agency VODW, published in November 2017 and translated a catalogue for German artist Matthias Zinn into English.
- In 2017 & 2018 I have edited academic papers for WWF on sustainability topics, and am currently producing a position paper for WWF Worldwide on the circular economy.
- As a member of sustainable natives, I have copyedited their Global Study Summary on Sustainability Trends & Standards to 2030 produced in conjunction with AT Kearney and Impact Hubs worldwide.
- Native speaker level English (mother tongue), bilingual French, fluent German
- 1st class BA Languages degree (Oxford & Erasmus year at Bonn University, 1 Semester at Hamburg University)
Language Coaching & Public Speaking
- 3 years’ TEFL experience in UK, Paris, Hanoi, Barcelona (1-1, groups, workshops, voice coaching, classes by telephone) at Langaj Training, City of Paris, and independently
- I have conceived tailored training courses (4-8-16h modules) for adults on: using email in English more efficiently at work, writing in English, speaking in public, negotiating & influencing, making your meetings in English more efficient, Social English, how to post on blogs & social forums in English.
- I completed my ICF (International Coaching Federation) accredited certificate to be a Neurolanguage coach in 2017, using the principles of neuroscience and coaching to transfer language skills (36h course + final assignment)
- I have coached speakers for TEDx talks since 2015, opera singers, start-ups for pitching, professionals in France and abroad focusing specifically on their needs, their voice, and their work environment.
- MOOC in 2016 on ‘Learning how to Learn’ (San Diego University) to help my students learn better
- CELTA TEFL teaching certificate (2013)
- I have lived 22 yrs in France, 17 yrs in the UK, 4 yrs in Germany
- First Class BA Languages degree (Oxford University & Erasmus year at Bonn University)
- 25 years’ singing experience (choirs, voice training, solo work), 2 years’ theatre classes
- In 2018 I did a six-week evening course on Sustainability & Stand Up Comedy, learning how to use humour to communicate about topics such as climate change and sustainable consumption and have performed my set several times. Yes, I’m serious :-)!