QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE (most recent first)
- In January 2019 I held a prototype training day for 10 ‘guinea-pigs’ with the Collective Leadership Institute on Circular Economy & Collective Leadership, a training we’ve been designing for a year now, including the Circulab Game. Launch this spring and can already be booked! It’s the only one day training combining the two topics that we know of, looking at circularity and what kind of mindset and leadership qualities we need to ‘go circular’.
- In 2019 I completed the last of a series of 7 webinars on the topic of Diversity in Europe for French CSR organisation ORSE, for their members (mostly CAC40 listed companies/HR profiles). I helped source speakers, moderated, researched the topics and wrangled with Webex platforms. Topics included handicap, refugees, gender diversity and women in leadership roles in the workplace, as well as senior manager remuneration linked to ESG.
- In 2017-18 I have done Circulab workshops in Paris, Berlin and Hamburg, at KLU university, the UN Global Compact annual members’ event and for the Baltic Eco Design event organised by the IDZ (International Design Centre in Berlin) and Impact Hub.
- In 2015-16 I facilitated circular economy Circulab workshops in English and French at L’Oréal HQ, Bouygues Construction (Senior Management team), Orange, the London Ecodesign fair Resource.
- I have been a judge for the Debating Matters debating competition for sixth formers in major schools in 2017, 2018, 2019. Getting teens to hone their debating skills and understand that there are grey zones around the big topics of the day is key in the age of fake news, memes and social media
- I interviewed a German writer on stage at the Llangwm Literary festival (UK) in 2016 on her novel about the GDR régime and its Olympic athletes, with the interview filmed and later broadcast on local TV.
- 2-day certifying Facilitation training at French design agency Wiithaa to facilitate Circulab workshops on the circular economy (2015)
- 2 day Mediation course (European Institute of Mediation), 2014
- 40+ workshops facilitated in the UK, France, Germany, Vietnam
Translation & Editorial Consulting
- In 2017 & 2018 I edited academic papers for WWF on sustainability topics, and am currently supporting them with editorial & communications work on the circular economy and certification
- As a member of sustainable natives, I copyedited the Global Study on Sustainability Trends & Standards to 2030 produced in conjunction with AT Kearney and Impact Hubs worldwide, posted on the client BASF’s website, which has helped to shape its sustainability strategy (2018)
- In 2018 I also translated an academic book on the artist Breughel’s Beekeepers drawing, from German to English, uncovering new insights into this famous enigmatic drawing.
- 1 year part-time in-house translator at Octo Finances, Paris, producing daily ‘Creditorials’ on the bond markets for investors across Europe (2015)
- Ad hoc translations & editorial projects for various clients, focusing on Business, HR, CSR, Green issues, Arts
- In 2016 I wrote a Whitepaper for Bureau Veritas on the updated ISO 9001 and 14001 norms. That year I also edited and translated part of a book on the Luxury sector by a French consultant, and transcribed and edited interviews with the founders of the Burning Man festival.
- In 2017 I copyedited a book in English on customer experience, CEX sells, in the field of Marketing, for Dutch marketing agency VODW, published in November 2017; I also translated a catalogue for German artist Matthias Zinn into English.
- Native speaker level English (mother tongue), bilingual French, fluent German
- 1st class BA Languages degree (Oxford & Erasmus year at Bonn University, 1 Semester at Hamburg University)
Language Coaching & Public Speaking
- In 2018 I completed a six-week evening course on Sustainability & Stand Up Comedy, learning how to use humour to talk about unfunny topics such as climate change and excessive consumption and have performed my set several times. Yes, I’m serious :-)! Showing the ridiculous side of unsustainable behaviours could be the way to change things, and tone stomach muscles at the same time!
- I coached a group of a dozen students, of which many refugees from Syria, at the School of Digital Integration, helping them to present in public in English for their end year event, on topics from cybersecurity to how to apply java script to everyday use; for some this was a first so a very rewarding experience. I also coached 4 women at EVZ, a Foundation working on reconciliation, to improve their public speaking, over several weeks (see Testimonials).
- I completed my ICF (International Coaching Federation) accredited certificate to be a Neurolanguage coach in 2017, using the principles of neuroscience and coaching to transfer language skills (36h course + final assignment). I use the skills in all my work, not just my language & TEDx coaching.
- I have coached speakers for TEDx talks since 2015, opera singers, start-ups for pitching, professionals in France and abroad focusing specifically on their needs, their voice, and their work environment.
- MOOC in 2016 on ‘Learning how to Learn’ (San Diego University) to help my students learn better
- 3 years’ TEFL experience in UK, Paris, Hanoi, Barcelona (1-1, groups, workshops, voice coaching, classes by telephone) at Langaj Training, City of Paris, and independently
- I have conceived tailored training courses (4-8-16h modules) for adults on: using email in English more efficiently at work, writing in English, speaking in public, negotiating & influencing, making your meetings in English more efficient, Social English, how to post on blogs & social forums in English.
- CELTA TEFL teaching certificate (2013)
- I have lived 22 yrs in France, 17 yrs in the UK, 5 yrs in Germany
- First Class BA Languages degree (Oxford University & Erasmus year at Bonn University)
- 25 years’ singing experience (choirs, voice training, solo work), 2 years’ theatre classes
We worked together.
Let’s see their testimonials